Assistant Marketing Intern
This position will be responsible for a variety of key tasks essential to the growth of TMBC’s representation to the public, visibility and growth.
TMBC is seeking an Assistant Marketing Intern to play a crucial role in developing and growing the visibility and size of the organization. We are interested in bright, career-minded college students or new graduates, preferably with an interest in the sciences, who want to do more than make copies or coffee. This internship will give you real marketing experience.
- Develop a strong understanding of TMBC’s mission and the role of the microbiome in human health and wellness.
- Assist in the creation of monthly newsletters by reviewing and collating the best microbiome business and research news in the industry.
- Assist in revising business plan to launch capital investment outreach and identify potential corporate investors and relevant contacts.
- Assist in the creation of other marketing materials and distribute via appropriate avenues.
- Identify industry microbiome conferences and identify cost effective routes to disseminate information of TMBC to drive membership (i.e. conference ad placement versus exhibiting.
- Maintain database of TMBC members and ensure annual memberships are maintained; lead development research to identify potential members.
- Create and maintain a database of monthly newsletters subscribers, drive outreach campaign to same to drive membership.
- College degree or demonstrated experience and maturity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including phone skills, at a professional level
- 1-3 years experience in marketing, sales and/or business development, with preference given to those with experience with scientific content
- Ability to take ownership of projects
- Excellent organizational skills
- Independent, self-starter
- Superior time management skills – ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines
If interested, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org